The Holy Spirit, My Everything
July 20, 2018
John 16:7 (AMP) says, “But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him (the Holy Spirit) to you [to be in close fellowship with you].”
I love the amplified version of this verse because it gives more insight into what the Holy Spirit does for us.
1. First off, He’s our Comforter. Whenever someone I know goes through a traumatic experience, I always say, “Holy Spirit comfort them like only You can.” The Holy Spirit lives in you if you are born again, and there are times only He can bring comfort to you. Only He knows everything about you; only He knows what it takes to bring you comfort. If you are going through a difficult situation, ask Him for His comfort.
2. The Holy Spirit is our advocate. He empowers us to win every battle and He fights for us, alongside us. John 15:26 (NIV) says, “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father–the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father–he will testify about me.” “Advocate” and “testify” are two words that can be used for the court system as well. The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, testifies about Jesus. He confirms everything Jesus taught and He empowers us to live in such a way that we receive everything Jesus died for us to have. Ask the Holy Spirit to fight your battles for you and with you.
3. One of my favorite things is that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us. Romans 8:26-27 (NKJV) says, “ Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.” How amazing is that! The Holy Spirit knows every detail about your life and every detail of God’s will for your life. I can’t think of a better person to have interceding on my behalf! Just that truth alone, should get you excited! We can’t lose!
4. The Holy Spirit is also our Counselor. Can you imagine getting counsel from Someone who knows more about you than you do yourself and loves you unconditionally? And yet you can! 1 Cor. 2:11 (NIV) says, “For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God” (emphasis added). The Spirit knows God’s thoughts, and it’s His desire to let you know what God’s thoughts for your life are. Just ask Him now for counsel in every situation you are facing.
5. The Holy Spirit is our Strengthener. In Ephesians 3:16 (NIV), Paul prayed this amazing prayer: “I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being.” The power he is referring to is grace. The Holy Spirit gives us grace in every situation where you are feeling weak. God told Paul that His grace was sufficient for him in his weakness. In our weakness He makes us strong. Ask the Holy Spirit right now to pour His grace on you if you are feeling tired and weak.
6. The Holy Spirit is our Standby. He is always ready to help you at any moment. Yes He lives in you all the time but He is ready to go to work for you and fight on your behalf, comfort you, counsel you, or whatever you need Him to do. He is always ready and willing. All you have to do is ask.
7. Lastly but certainly not least (actually this is the most important) is that the Holy Spirit is our closest friend. He wants to be in constant communion and friendship with you. That’s one of the reasons why He gave us the gift of speaking in tongues. We have a way to communicate with Him that no one else knows. What’s amazing is the devil has NO idea what you’re saying at all! Did you ever as a kid have a best friend that knew so much about you and you would make up a language that only the two of you knew? That’s what the Holy Spirit wants to do with us but He wants to be even closer with you than your best friend. He wants to reveal to you secrets from the heart of God. But He must be a priority in your life. He wants some time alone with you, not because He’s egotistical (because He’s not), but because He wants to reveal things to you so you can walk in an abundant life. He’s a person and wants a personal, intimate relationship with you.
Jeremiah 29:11 tells us God’s intentions for us: to give us and hope and a future and peace. How do we attain that? Jeremiah 29:12-13 (NKJV) has the secret: “Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” Seek Him with all your heart and you will find Him. When you find Him you will be able attain every promise Jesus died for you to have.
So Holy Spirit, I pray that we would become seekers of You and Your Presence. Not to get something from You but just to spend time with You. And out of that intimacy, we would get everything we need to live the life you created us to live. I pray that we would walk in Your grace and favor daily. I pray that we would become so close with You that we know Your will for our lives clearly and walk in it every day. Thank You for Your love, counsel, comfort, strength, grace, peace, abundance, but most importantly Your friendship. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE OUR FREE EMAIL MESSAGES from God's powerfully anointed women all over the world at WomenofImpactMinistries.com
CLICK HERE to submit an article.
Forwarding:You are more than welcome to forward these messages on to friends, family and other mail lists. All we ask is that you include the entire contents of the message along with all contact information provided.
Women Of Impact
Empowering women to impact the world for the cause of Christ.
To submit an article, click here.